Like most other punters in Britain, preparing my weekend football tips is something that I probably spend far too much time doing! However, I’m not alone — over 600 million people in more than 200 countries watch Premier League matches every week, and it’s estimated that about £20 million is bet on each weekend’s games.
Even if you’re someone who doesn’t pore over football score predictions as closely as some of us do, when you make your football betting tips on Premier League matches you should always take advantage of the huge number of free football tips you can find online. It’s also a good idea to become as familiar as you can with the wide variety of different bets there are on offer, and learn how to spot good value in the market.
Finding Good Football Betting Tips
Amongst all the ‘experts’ out there offering football betting predictions, how do you work out who it is who actually gives you the best football tips? Like all of us, professional pundits get it wrong, but there are those whose football predictions are consistently more accurate than others, and so I will always give their thoughts a second look.
However, the best football bets tips aren’t just about the result — rather it’s about finding the wagers that give you the best value. That’s why it can pay sometimes to avoid outright football predictions and look instead at other markets, like first goalscorer or half time/full time, and so when you’re taking in a tipster’s football tips, check out their record in this regard as this is where the best value bets are often found.
New customer only, max one £10 free bet, qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 2.0(1/1) or greater, paid as bonus token with min odds reg, T&C Apply
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
18+,New Customers only £10 min Deposit. First Wager at 1/1 or higher matched 50% up to £50. Mobile only. Exclusions apply. begamblingaware.org
Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credit stake. T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
18+. UK & IE only. promo code G30. Min £10 .Single Only.No Tote/Pool. Min odds 1/2. Valid for 14 days. Free bet not returned. Free bets & bonus valid for 4 days. Casino bonus x20 Wager. T&Cs apply
18+. UK+IRE only. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Minimum deposit £10. You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) in Sportsbook, 25x for Casino. Bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in.
18+. UK+IRE only. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first bet £10 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days. Free bet stake not returned. 18+ T&Cs Apply.
New UK and Ireland Customers Only. Min Deposit: £/€10. First Deposit matched up to £/€30. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Credit Card, Debit Card & PayPal deposits only. Additional Terms Apply.
Guaranteed £5 Casino Bonus and a £5 Free Sportsbook Bet if your first bet loses. New customers only. Qualifying bet must a single of £10 or more at odds of evens (2.0) or greater. Full T&C’s apply.
Tips For New Football Bettors
If you’re new to football predictions and betting on matches, I’d like to share some of my experience so that you can start off with a bit of confidence. There are no guarantees, of course, but here’s what I’ve learned after years spent looking at football betting stats and results:
- Take advantage of the intel — All of the sports betting sites we recommend have top football tips for each round of matches, along with recent results, league tables, head-to-head stats and much more. The average punter today has the chance to be better informed than ever before, so take advantage of all the research and background info available on sports betting sites.
- Different types of bets — When you’re examining today’s football tips, remember that there are a huge range of markets out there and so you should look beyond simply who you think might win a match. The best football betting tips are often those connected with first goal scorers, how many goals will be scored in a match, and who will be ahead at half and full time.
- In-play betting — Betting live and in-play not only lets you get some excellent odds (especially if a red-hot favourite has unexpectedly gone behind), but is also a useful way of improving your football score predictions, as you get a better understanding of how matches can ebb and flow, and that the end result alone doesn’t always reveal the true picture of how a game unfolded.
Best Practices for Football betting
This approach mightn’t work for everyone, but here is how I will go about making my football betting tips today:
- Catch up on the latest injury news, to see who’s in and out of each side.
- Check each side’s form guide over the last ten matches, and last three or four head-to-head results.
- Research individual match ups e.g., X striker has scored in 3 of his last 4 matches against Y centre back, etc. (useful for first goalscorer bets).
- Look at football predictor tables in terms of how well a team does in first and second halves respectively (useful for half time/full time bets).
- Compare odds across betting sites, to see where the best value football betting tips are.
- Compile the different legs of my accumulator bets.
- Pray to the football Gods!
Accumulator Betting Tips for Beginners
Accumulator bets (or accas) are the most popular form of soccer betting tips, and I always have several accumulator bets on the go in each round of matches. Essentially, accumulators are multiple bets, where each leg (or fold) needs to come up in order for you to be paid out (although with the Cash Out option, if one leg looks like letting you down you can take your winnings early and cut your losses). It’s important to remember that the more legs you have in an acca, the greater the potential payout — and the greater the risk, of course.
One of the reasons why I like free tips football accumulator bets is that a lot of sports books offer great promotions, like Cash Out or cashback deals, where if one leg of your bet lets you down, you get your stake back as bonus bets (within limits). I also tend to take out a number of combinations so that I get a good mix of long and short odds e.g., I often have two accas that are largely the same, but one will include a highly probable first scorer, while the other will include an outsider to score the first goal.
Bottom Line on Football Tips
There are no secrets to making the best football tips — if there were, I would have retired long ago! You are always going to have your ups and downs, but if you take an organised approach, use football betting stats as much as you can, and look for the best value bets, you will at least be in with a fighting chance and get plenty of enjoyment along the way.