Like most other punters in Britain, preparing my weekend football tips is something that I probably spend far too much time doing! However, I’m not alone — over 600 million people in more than 200 countries watch Premier League matches every week, and it’s estimated that about £20 million is bet on each weekend’s games.
Even if you’re someone who doesn’t pore over football score predictions as closely as some of us do, when you make your football betting tips on Premier League matches you should always take advantage of the huge number of free football tips you can find online. It’s also a good idea to become as familiar as you can with the wide variety of different bets there are on offer, and learn how to spot good value in the market.
Finding Good Football Betting Tips
Amongst all the ‘experts’ out there offering football betting predictions, how do you work out who it is who actually gives you the best football tips? Like all of us, professional pundits get it wrong, but there are those whose football predictions are consistently more accurate than others, and so I will always give their thoughts a second look.
However, the best football bets tips aren’t just about the result — rather it’s about finding the wagers that give you the best value. That’s why it can pay sometimes to avoid outright football predictions and look instead at other markets, like first goalscorer or half time/full time, and so when you’re taking in a tipster’s football tips, check out their record in this regard as this is where the best value bets are often found.
Top Football Betting Tips – Last Update: November 2021
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply,
New customers only • Min deposit £10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.5) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expires after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time • Withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply
New customers only. Min Deposit: £10. First deposit matched up to £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Terms apply
UK + IRE only, 18+, Full T&Cs apply
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
New Customers; Min. deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller) 6x deposit and bonus turnover (min. odds 3/5 on singles and 2/5 per selection on acca bets), in 30 days, for bonus release Some bet types don’t contribute to turnover Withdrawal bef. turnover results in bonus cancellation; Terms apply; 18+
New Customer Offer - Open to new accounts only. Deposit £20 and turnover your deposit five (5) times on the Sportsbook - trebles and accumulators (with three or more selections only), minimum odds each selection 1/2 (1.50) - and you’ll receive a £20 Free Bet. Additional deposits may be required in order to fulfil the turnover conditions, which must be met within 90 days of depositing. Bets placed using Free Bets or Bonus funds, or bets that have been Cashed Out, do not count towards turnover requirements. The Free Bet will expire seven days after being credited and can only be placed as a win only single bet on the Sportsbook. Free Bet stake not included in returns.
New customers only, min deposit and bet £10 (£20 if E/W bet) from UK debit card only. Paypal not accepted. Min odds evens (1/5 per multi selection). 2 x £10 Free Bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned, no Cash Out. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Mobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+.T&Cs apply
18+. Max £20 refund on first bet. Bet must be placed in first 7 days of account opening. Payment restrictions apply for the promotion. T&Cs
Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credit stake. T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. Promo code YSKAMR. Place your FIRST sports bet and if it loses we will refund your stake in cash, up to £/€10. Only deposits made using cards or PayPal qualify. T&Cs apply.
New customers. 2x £10 free bets. Min qualifying bet £10 at 1/2.T&Cs apply.
18+. New UK Customers only. Min bet 10. Match max 25 free bet. Min of 3 selections in accumulator. Min odds per selection 7/10 (1.70). Free bet stake not returned. Full T&C’s apply.
Table of Contents
Tips For New Football Bettors
If you’re new to football predictions and betting on matches, I’d like to share some of my experience so that you can start off with a bit of confidence. There are no guarantees, of course, but here’s what I’ve learned after years spent looking at football betting stats and results:
- Take advantage of the intel — All of the sports betting sites we recommend have top football tips for each round of matches, along with recent results, league tables, head-to-head stats and much more. The average punter today has the chance to be better informed than ever before, so take advantage of all the research and background info available on sports betting sites.
- Different types of bets — When you’re examining today’s football tips, remember that there are a huge range of markets out there and so you should look beyond simply who you think might win a match, for that purpose you should become as familiar as you can with the wide variety of different bets. The best football betting tips are often those connected with first goal scorers, how many goals will be scored in a match, and who will be ahead at half and full time.
- In-play betting — Betting live and in-play not only lets you get some excellent odds (especially if a red-hot favourite has unexpectedly gone behind), but is also a useful way of improving your football score predictions, as you get a better understanding of how matches can ebb and flow, and that the end result alone doesn’t always reveal the true picture of how a game unfolded.
Best Practices for Football betting
This approach mightn’t work for everyone, but here is how I will go about making my football betting tips today:
- Catch up on the latest injury news, to see who’s in and out of each side.
- Check each side’s form guide over the last ten matches, and last three or four head-to-head results.
- Research individual match ups e.g., X striker has scored in 3 of his last 4 matches against Y centre back, etc. (useful for first goalscorer bets).
- Look at football predictor tables in terms of how well a team does in first and second halves respectively (useful for half time/full time bets).
- Compare odds across betting sites, to see where the best value football betting tips are.
- Compile the different legs of my accumulator bets.
- Pray to the football Gods!
Accumulator Betting Tips for Beginners
Accumulator bets (or accas) are the most popular form of soccer betting tips, and I always have several accumulator bets on the go in each round of matches. Essentially, accumulators are multiple bets, where each leg (or fold) needs to come up in order for you to be paid out (although with the Cash Out option, if one leg looks like letting you down you can take your winnings early and cut your losses). It’s important to remember that the more legs you have in an acca, the greater the potential payout — and the greater the risk, of course.
One of the reasons why I like free tips football accumulator bets is that a lot of sports bookies offer great promotions, like Cash Out or cashback deals, where if one leg of your bet lets you down, you get your stake back as bonus bets (within limits). I also tend to take out a number of combinations so that I get a good mix of long and short odds e.g., I often have two accas that are largely the same, but one will include a highly probable first scorer, while the other will include an outsider to score the first goal.
Bottom Line on Football Tips
There are no secrets to making the best football tips — if there were, I would have retired long ago! You are always going to have your ups and downs, but if you take an organised approach, use football betting stats as much as you can, and look for the best value bets, you will at least be in with a fighting chance and get plenty of enjoyment along the way.